Wednesday 30 August 2017

Oxfam Book Haul


I’ve started buying most of my books secondhand now, I like the thrill of finding current titles on the charity shop shelves. On many occasions I have found some really good bargains, and even sometimes never been read spines. On the way home from a holiday, we popped into Oxfam, my experience of the shop was extremely positive, they had a nice book, vinyl and clothing section and the staff were so friendly. I bought three books each at £2.49 which seemed okay especially as the money goes to charity.


The titles are as follows: Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven, famous for All The Bright Places, this novel is a story of a young love between Libby and Jack set in high school. I’m expecting good things from this young adult genre, my first book by the highly acclaimed author.


I spotted The Girl with All The Gifts by M.R. Carey with its bright cover and immediately knew I had to pick it up. I’ve seen the title circling online quite a bit, I believe it’s a thriller and from the creepy blurb, I’m anxious to see how the book unfolds.


I want to read more historical fiction so, The Code Girls by Daisy Styles set in 1941, seemed perfect. Ava and Maudie want to become code girls and break German encryptions and although things are tough and don’t go to plan, life has never been more exciting for them.


I have a rather generous pile of books on my shelf waiting to be read, so I definitely won’t be stuck for choice. I have a few more book hauls coming up too! Let me know what you’ve been reading lately in the comments and if any of these books interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment